Le pigeon aux petits pois (The Pigeon with Green Peas) is a 1911 painting by Pablo Picasso. It was one of five paintings stolen from the Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris on May 20, 2010, which together were estimated to be worth about €100 million. The painting has been reported as being discarded, as the thief claims he threw it in a trash container shortly after the theft.
- Virtual restitutions in the age of Coronavirus and Australian bush fires 2020-06-05
- Revisiting the UK’s Dealing in Cultural Objects (Offences) Act of 2003 2020-06-05
- Prosecutors file a civil forfeiture complaint for the Gilgamesh Dream Tablet 2020-05-23
- An INTERPOL, Europol and World Customs Organization joint investigation produces 101 arrests. 2020-05-09
- Remembering the long returned Orpheus Taming the Beasts mosaic 2020-04-30
Amelia AmeliaConference ARCA art and antiquities crime Auction House Buddha Court Dead See Scrolls Demo Dirk Obbink Divi Easy EES EUROPOL Fano GettyBronze Gutenberg illicit trafficking India INTERPOL Iraq Italy L'AtletaDiFano LearnDash Looted Looting Maastricht museum Museum of the Bible Museum theft museumtheft Papyri plunder Restitution seizure Sidebar TEFAF theft the netherlands Turkey Van Gogh VictoriousYouth WCO